Welcome! At APT, we build wide-face brushes and brush machines for flat metal processors.
Please Click Below, to view our Brief Introduction Video
APT MAKES CUSTOM ABRASIVE AND NON-ABRASIVE
BRUSHES FOR FLAT METAL APPLICATIONS
BY UNDERSTANDING THE PROCESS,
WE CAN MATCH THE BRUSH TO EXISTING EQUIPMENT
THE FIRST QUESTIONS ARE:
BRISTLE BRUSH OR NON-WOVEN BRUSH?
- Bristle brushes are easier to use and last longer.
- Non-woven produce a uniform, more appealing finish with a higher associated cost.
- Wear resistant base material and web reinforcing impregnations have significantly closed the life and cost gap.
- The new non-wovens scour the strip surface, where bristles mush and wobble oxide residue on the surface after pickling.
- A noticeable bristle construction advantage is the ability to process a stitch; however not entirely without damage to the brush.
- The bristle construction is damaged once a sharp or upturned stitch has cut or pulled out bristles bundles.
- That leads to the process of self destruction of the brush and loose bristles clogging filter systems.
THE NEW NON-WOVEN BRUSHES
The New Non-Woven Brushes:
THE NEW BRISTLE BRUSHES
The New Bristle Brushes:
CLICK BELOW TO LEARN MORE