APT Bristle Select offers filaments from the world market, available in a broad combination of:
This, matched with our high-tech brush manufacturing capabilities, allows APT Bristle Select tremendous flexibility in designing customized tools for your application.
Abrasive bristle filaments are a combination of:
Silicon Carbide grit, being harder and sharper than aluminum oxide, is preferred for finishing ferrous metals. Aluminum oxide grit is less likely to fracture, making it preferable for soft metal finishes.
As the nylon begins to wear away, new abrasive particles are continually exposed, so the filament is self-sharpening as it wears
APT BRISTLE SELECT SERVICE PROGRAM
- Brush Re-trim and Balance
- Brush Disassembly
- Shaft Examination with regard to imbalance and concentricity deviation
- Brush Roll Refill and Rewrap
- Integrated maintenance service concepts
- Re-trimming and re-balancing of brush rolls
- Shafts and journal control and repairing
- Bearing control and exchange
- Shaft improvement / adaptation
- Shaft straightening
- Replacement of end and balancing collars
- Replacement of fittings and accessories
- Transport and Engineered packaging concepts
- Supply of brush roll trimming and balancing equipment
APT MOBILE BRUSH LAB
APT will have a technician surface engineer bring a mobile brush laboratory to test and demonstrate at your facility, on your material.
Through this, they will demonstrate the finish provided by abrasive filament brushes and show how different filament and grit combinations will alter your surface.
This testing will also determine the optimal machine design necessary to meet productivity and quality requirements.
QUALITY, PRECISION, EXPERTISE
Upon receipt of your shaft and its assembly, each roller immediately undergoes a professional inspection. The condition of each brush is documented to determine any repairs that may be recommended by our engineers. Before your brushes are crated to be shipped back to you, they are dynamically balanced and T.I.R. measured.