AN OVERVIEW OF NON-WOVEN ABRASIVE BRUSHES
Non-woven abrasive brushes and wheels are a type of abrasive tool that is designed to remove material from metal surfaces by using an abrasive material, such as such as aluminum oxide and silicon carbide.
The non-woven material used in these brushes is typically made from synthetic fibers such as nylon, polyester, or polypropylene. These fibers are bonded together with a resin or adhesive to create a dense, uniform material that is strong and durable.
Non-woven abrasive brushes and wheels are used in a variety of applications, including cleaning, deburring, polishing, and surface preparation. They can be used on a wide range of materials, including metal, wood, plastics, and composites.
NON-WOVEN ABRASIVE BRUSH MARKETS
They are commonly used in most manufacturing applications and industries, such as:
- Manufacturing of flat metal strip, sheet, plate, coil foundries
- Decorative & Technical Surface Finishing on steel, stainless steel, copper, copper alloys, titanium, aluminum, carbon fiber sheets
- Medical device
- Press Plate & printed circuit board cleaning and deoxidizing
- Construction industries
When quality non-woven abrasive material is used, fresh new grit is continuously introduced to keep a consistent surface conditioning tool through out the life of the abrasive brush.
Another advantage of non-woven abrasive brushes is that they can be used with a variety of different machines, including angle grinders, drills, and hand-held tools. They are also available in a range of shapes and sizes to suit different applications, including discs, wheels, cups, and brushes.
NON-WOVEN ABRASIVE BRUSH APPLICATIONS
Some of the specific applications for non-woven brushes include:
- Surface preparation: Non-woven brushes can be used to prepare surfaces for painting, welding, or other treatments. They can remove rust, corrosion, and other contaminants, leaving a clean surface for further processing.
- Deburring: Non-woven brushes can be used to remove burrs and sharp edges from metal parts, improving their safety and functionality.
- Cleaning: Non-woven brushes are effective at removing dirt, grease, and other contaminants from surfaces. They can be used to clean machinery, vehicles, and other equipment.
- Polishing: Non-woven brushes can be used to polish metal, plastic, and other materials to a high shine.
- Finishing: Non-woven brushes can be used to create a uniform finish on surfaces, helping to hide imperfections and create a professional look.
- Sanding: Non-woven brushes can be used for sanding applications, where a finer finish is required than can be achieved with traditional abrasive discs.
Overall, non-woven abrasive brushes are a versatile and effective tool for removing material from surfaces and preparing them for further processing or finishing.
Stay Safe & Happy Brushing!